About The Compilation
As a complement to the annual PDX Pop Now! festival, a compilation album is curated as one-part fundraiser, one-part shameless promoter of Portland musical talents. In its first year—as with the many that have followed – this compilation sold out multiple times over, and received praise from both local and national media outlets.
To date the yearly compilations have sold thousands of copies combined, mostly through local, independent record stores and online sales. Since their inception, they’ve been double-disc affairs featuring about forty new tracks from great Portland bands—large and small.
As a PDX Pop Now! production, the compilation includes a democratic aspect. Music tracks are attained solely through artist submissions, and are then run through a rigorous listening panel comprised of our board members and 100 plus volunteers. After surviving the listening panel, final tracks are then selected with attention to diversity, representation and popularity.
It’s their discerning ears that sift through hundreds of songs to produce a much anticipated amalgam of “PDX pop.” Each album is met with a release concert featuring—you guessed it—Portland artists at a Portland venue, both of which have garnered considerable attention from national media, as well as thousands of plays on college and public/community radio across the country.
The 2014 Compilation
Available to purchase June 10th, 2014 at local retail outlets and online at cdbaby.com. Proceeds from sales of the album go towards funding the festival and our outreach activities.
- Blouse – No Shelter
- Aan – Daylight
- tigerface – Leaving (For a While)
- Modern Kin – Abandon
- Marriage + Cancer – AMEND MEN; AMEN
- Charts – Settling Down
- Fanno Creek – On My Way
- Padre – Spector Spector
- Blak Neon – Real World
- The Tamed West – Floating
- Small Million – Six Feet
- Illmaculate – Do Not Disturb
- Fringe Class – Protector
- New Move – Don’t Wanna Lose
- Trio Subtonic – Night Runners
- Natasha Kmeto – Idiot Proof
- Sea Caves – Stoned In The Road
- The Fur Coats – Desperate
- Magic Mouth – Mother Lode
- Sara Jackson-Holman – River Queen
- Bearcubbin’! – Master Cylinder
- Hands In – Take Time Enough
- Pony Village – Bad Timing
- Souvenir Driver – Kiss You Close
- Ripley Snell – Steppin’ Out
- LEO – Waltz
- Morning Ritual – So Cold
- Novosti – Gold
- Eyelids – I Can’t Be Told
- Coma Serfs – Under The Tongue
- Honduran – Never Forget (Ben Bratt)
- DoublePlusGood – Sometimes
- Fault Lines – Just Like My Heart
- The Weather Machine – So, What Exactly Does It Say?
- Hosannas – Good Medicine
- Orquestra Pacifico Tropical – Rio Frio
- Grandparents – Pill Spectre
- Big Haunt – Bitter Water
- Summer Cannibals – Not Your Turn
- Genders – Technicolor Vision
- Ages and Ages – Over It