PDX Pop Now! is currently accepting resumes and letters of interest in anticipation of the 2017-2018 season. Those candidates who are selected will have an amazing opportunity to shadow under the current Board or Coordinator, volunteer for their community, and get hands-on training and mentorship as they guide the organization through the 2017-2018 season.
Please note, all positions are ALL volunteer, as is the festival, one of the only all-volunteer run music festivals in the nation!
Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Grants Coordinator will research, develop and prepare grant applications from beginning to end for the purpose of providing funding and supporting the mission of PDX Pop Now!
- Generate revenue for Outreach programs, Festival logistics, and Compilation distribution through timely submission of well-researched, well-written, and well-documented fund-raising proposals.
- Compose/compile necessary follow-up evaluation reports required by any government, foundation and other leads. (e.g. narratives, work plans, budgets, letters of inquiry, etc.)
- Update Board of Directors on the progress of current proposals and current state of affairs.
- Identify and research new funding prospects in the areas of Arts, Music, Community Outreach, and Education.
- Serve as a PPN! liaison to funding agencies and community organizations, networking to identify applicable funding opportunities by demonstrating a strong understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Assist other departments during the year and helps staff the PDX Pop Now! summer music festival
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- One-year minimum commitment.
- Passionate about local music and dedicated to PDX Pop Now!’s mission
- Experience and success with past grant proposals preferred, but not required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due Friday, February 2, 2018.
The primary responsibility of the Web Coordinator is to maintain and make updates to PDX Pop Now’s website, online services, and communication tools. These tools are vital for communication and coordination among Board members and for conveying information to the public.
- Maintain our website and make content updates. Ensure that the website runs smoothly throughout the year and troubleshoot, as needed.
- Annually archive the current website and then update it with the current year’s artwork and information.
- Set-up Gmail accounts for new Team members; update group email lists as needed.
- Assist other Team members and departments with technical projects throughout the year (graphic design art, compilation submissions, social media, etc.) as needed.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Two-year minimum commitment.
- Passionate about local music and dedicated to PDX Pop Now!’s mission.
- Experience with website CMS management & best practices using AWS, WordPress, Jotform, Mailchimp, Soundcloud, & Google Drive/Docs is crucial.
- Advanced use and knowledge of Custom Post Types, Custom Fields as they relate to WordPress is desired.
- Knowledge and best practices of graphics production for Web using Adobe CC is preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications due Friday, February 2, 2018.