PDX Pop Now! is accepting applications for our Development Director position. The Development Director works with a team of highly-dedicated volunteers to carry forward the organization’s mission of stimulating and expanding participation in Portland music. The Development Director’s primary responsibility is to raise money to support the organization’s programs and services and to oversee a team of talented development coordinators.
- Creates and implements a development plan that solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, charitable events and sponsorship opportunities
- Sets fundraising goals and determines overall strategy for Willamette Week’s Give!Guide campaign, which includes assigning appropriate tasks to fundraising coordinators
- Recruits and trains new team members as needed
- Attends bi-monthly meetings (typically takes place on Monday evenings)
- One-year minimum commitment (Board members preferably commit to their positions for two-year terms)
- Assists other departments during the year and helps staff the PDX Pop Now! summer music festival
- Passionate about local music and dedicated to PDX Pop Now!’s mission
- 1-3 years of development experience with a strong understanding of at least two of the following areas: grant writing, fundraising and/or sponsorships
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong partnership-building skills
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Julie Miller at email@example.com. Position open until filled.