Submissions for the 2019 PDX Pop Now! Compilation album are now OPEN! SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 31, 2018
PDX Pop Now! is dedicated to stimulating and expanding participation in Portland music.
As an all-volunteer organization committed to being accessible, current, and local, PDX Pop Now! provides and supports live performances and recorded music throughout Portland.
Our annual compilation is an open-submission project spanning all genres and featuring about 40 of the best original tracks from local Portland artists. Volume 16 of our annual compilation will be released in April 2019.
To Be Considered
- Only one song per artist will be accepted.
- Only artists currently located in the Portland area will be considered.
- You must be the sole rights holder to your submission, including any included samples. We cannot accept cover versions of songs.
- If your music has previously been included on a PDX Pop Now! Compilation, your submission must be more recent than your last included track.
- If selected for the Compilation, your song will be included on all formats of the Compilation (CD, digital download & digital streaming).
The Selection Process
Following the submission process, tracks are reviewed anonymously and voted on by our all-volunteer Listening Committee. The tracks are then narrowed down with respect to genre diversity and popularity, making it a completely community-curated compilation. If you would like to be on the Listening Committee please click here to volunteer.
If you have submitted a song, we will contact you in late January / early February letting you know whether or not your song has been selected. If your song is selected for the Comp, we’ll be in touch about any additional paperwork, high-quality audio files for mastering, and any other information we may need.
So what’s next?
After receiving all of the submissions, songs are anonymously evaluated by the 100 volunteers on the PDX Pop Now! Listening Committee, as well as the PDX Pop Now! Board of Directors. We will send you an email in mid-April letting you know whether or not your song has been selected. At this time, if you’ve been selected, we’ll be in touch about paperwork, high-quality audio files for mastering, and other info we may need. Any questions? Please contact
KXRY.FM XRAY Radio Show
Submit your music for our Radio Program on KXRY, xray.fm, just fill out the following information below: